How do I change my name on Air Canada?
Air Canada requires that the mentioned name on the booked itinerary match the name available on the traveller's valid ID proof, for example - driver's license, passport, and other documents. However, the Airline does not allow you to change the name on an existing booking, but if your name has been changed due to marriage or legal name change. In this case, you can change your name. Most people prefer Manage Booking for Air Canada name change, which is elaborated here.
- Go to the Air Canada official website.
- Click on the Manage Booking tab available on the menu bar.
- You need to enter the booking confirmation details and the last name mentioned on the itinerary to retrieve the Booking.
- Select your flight and click on the change tab.
- Edit the changes, such as name correction.
- Pay the change fee to get the new confirmation code.
What is Air Canada's policy for name correction?
If you have booked flight tickets with a misspelt name, then the traveller must correct the name to use the reserved tickets. Here are some Air Canada Name correction circumstances on different ticket fares.
- Passengers who have booked multip-city flights can only send the name correction request on the Air Canada Flight ticket.
- Air Canada provides flexibility to change the name only in case of divorce, marriage, and legal adaptation.
- You may be required to pay the difference fare and the name correction fee to update the changes.
- You can change a maximum of up to three characters, not the complete name. Also, you can not transfer the booked ticket to another person.
- If you have made the name change request, you cannot alter the scheduled flight date, time, and travel destination.
Does Air Canada charge for name correction?
According to the Airline name change policy, passengers must pay the Air Canada name change fee of nearly USD 200 per ticket. And additional fare difference to confirm the necessary changes. If the travellers have sent the change request within 24 hours of purchase, you are not required to pay the additional fee.
Does Air Canada require middle names?
No, Air Canada does not require the passenger's middle name on your booked ticket, but only the last and first names should be mentioned on the boarding pass.
How late can you change a name on an Air Canada flight?
To avoid paying the name change fee on an Air Canada-booked flight ticket, make the necessary changes within 24 hours of BookingBooking.
What if I spelt my name wrong on Air Canada?
Suppose you have booked on Air Canada with a misspelt name; travellers will immediately contact the airline customer support agent to edit the required changes. However, you can correct Manage BookingBooking to avoid the last-minute inconvenience during security check-in and flight boarding.
Can I transfer an Air Canada ticket to another person?
Air Canada does not permit their travellers to transfer the booked tickets to another person as they are non-refundable. If you have any issues with the existing reservations, you can reschedule or cancel the Booking and use the travel credits for future bookings.
The above information will help collect all the needed answers related to the booked flight ticket name change fee, policy, and process.
Air Canada Seat Upgrade policy
Disclaimer: Faresflex is an independent online travel agency without any third-party association. Our main motive is to introduce the latest offers and offer customers a seamless flight booking experience. All the given brand names are only for information purposes. However, the given telephone number/phone numbers/toll-free numbers entirely belong to Faresflex, and we do not claim that we are linked with any airline directly or indirectly. If you have any queries related to the given information, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org