Alaska Airlines Baggage Policy: Terms & Conditions
Carry-On bags policy-
- You will be allowed to carry one carry-on bag and one personal item such as a medical bag, purse, briefcase, and laptop bag sized 22'' x 14'' x 9' including wheels and handles.
- They should fit in overhead compartments or under the front seat.
- A jacket, umbrella, duty-free items, and assistive devices such as -wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc., do not count towards your carry-on allowance.
- A diaper bag is also considered a personal item.
Checked bags policy-
According to Alaska Airlines' baggage policy, you can take two standard bags with maximum dimensions of 62 inches, and the weight should not exceed 23 kilograms.
Special baggage policy-
- You must follow specific guidelines if traveling with special baggage, mainly firearms.
- You can transport firearms as checked baggage only.
- You should be aged 18 years or above to transport a firearm.
- The firearm should be unloaded and locked in a rigid container.
- The container should be locked with multiple locks to ensure no one can open it.
- The container should not hold dangerous goods or prohibited items, such as flammable liquids, loose ammunition, black powder, primers, or bear spray.
- You will need to declare while check-in and read and sign the special tag for firearms.
If you are traveling with sports equipment such as skis, golf bags, fishing equipment, hockey, and lacrosse equipment within the size limit will be allowed on the flight as checked baggage, and you will have to pay the applicable fee for it.
Does Alaska Airlines offer a free checked bag?
No, Alaska Airlines does not offer a free checked bag to its customer. Generally, you will have to pay the baggage fee. The following factors determine the fee.
Type of fare you have purchased
- It will depend on your destination.
- Whether you are an active US military personnel and dependent
- If you have status with Alaska Airlines
- (AS) frequent flyer program, status with an affiliated carrier.
- If you own an Alaska Airlines (AS) sponsored credit/charge card.
- If you are traveling first class or have MVP gold and club 49 membership, then you can have a free checked bag.
How much does Alaska charge for a bag?
- For the first checked bag, you will have to spend $30.00
- The Second bag will cost you $40.00
- And the Third and each additional will cost you $100.00
- If you are traveling Within the State of Alaska, then First, Second, and Third bags are Free of cost.
How can I avoid paying Alaska Airlines' baggage fees?
Alaska Airlines doesn't charge any fee for carrying on bags, or you can take their membership programs like (MVP Gold, MVP Gold 100k, and Club 49 members) which will allow you free baggage on the flight. The first three bags are free for customers with Alaska airline tickets.
Is it cheaper to pay for checked bags online?
No, the amount will cost you the same if you book online or offline for checked bags. But the online method will be more convenient, and if you want to add more bags, you can do that before two and half hours of your scheduled departure.
I hope this explanation has helped you with your queries, but if you still face any issues, you can directly call Alaska Airlines' customer service on 000 800 100 1051 and ask them questions. They are available 24/7 to assist you with your issue.
Disclaimer: When you collect the information related to travel, services and products are contained on faresflex.com. It refers to the purpose of general information only that you can competently use on our website. You can collect the information for travel products, services, trip facilities, and other essential queries you can ask and share on the official website portal. We always put maximum effort into keeping all the essential information up to date and correct.
Disclaimer for services:
We don't prefer to show the representation or warranties of any expression about the website or app's completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability. You are not authorized to steal any data by sharing the information with someone else, but if you do so, the law might punish you with some charges. You can collect the vital information for the specific products, services, or related graphics contained on the Website and App for any purpose that you can use on the website smoothly.