How Can I change the name on a British Airways ticket?
British Airways provides travel services according to the passenger's travel requirements and needs. You can gather the latest travel discounts and offers online at their web page to book the flight journey. When you get the reservation, you sometimes need to correct the correct name. In this case, you can change the name on your British Airways flight ticket online or with customer care. You need to follow the simple steps below to make the changes.
- Firstly, you are required to open the British Airways official web portal.
- Afterward, you can proceed to the manage my booking tab from the top of the screen.
- You need to enter the reservation confirmation number and the passenger's surname.
- You can choose the flight you want to change the name to when you get the booking details.
- You can select the menu tab and click on the edit button.
- On the next page, you must modify the name according to the government-approved documents.
- There, you can attach certain documents and pay the fees, if any.
- British Airways will confirm the details and send you the updated e-ticket by your mail.
How much does it cost to change your name on British Airways?
The name change fees will be applicable according to the number of letters, travel destination, and dates. Therefore it will vary between $5 to $20 that you need to pay to complete the process.
What is British Airways' name change policy?
When you have decided to edit the passenger's name, you must understand the relevant rules and regulations. You can consider the following points of British Airways' name change policy accordingly.
- You can change the passenger's name within 24 hours of the reservation to skip any fees. According to the 24-hour rule, you must purchase the refundable ticket a week before the scheduled departure.
- If you change the name after 24 hours, you must pay specific fees according to the reservation type.
- You are allowed to change up to three characters of the name and the last name,
- The name must be matched with the government-approved ID proof.
- If a female passenger marries after 24 hours, she can change her last name before the scheduled departure.
- If you have purchased the itinerary with online travel agents, you must communicate with them about the changes.
When can I change my name on the BA flight?
You can change the name to one hour before the travel or at check-in time. British Airways will charge specific fees that you need to pay.
Does British Airways ask for a middle name?
If the traveler has the middle name mentioned on the government-issued documents, they must enter the middle name. British Airways will fetch the e-ticket according to the passport or other ID proof.
What if I miss my middle name British Airways?
Sometimes, you should have added your middle name on the flight ticket and booked the reservation. You can pursue the British Airways name change and add the middle name online. You can log in through Manage Booking and complete the process or connect with customer service.
Disclaimer: When you collect the information related to travel, services and products are contained on faresflex.com. It refers to the purpose of general information only that you can competently use on our website. You can collect the information for travel products, services, trip facilities, and other essential queries you can ask and share on the official website portal. We always put maximum effort into keeping all the essential information up to date and correct.
Disclaimer for services:
We don't prefer to show the representation or warranties of any expression about the website or app's completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability. You are not authorized to steal any data by sharing the information with someone else, but if you do so, the law might punish you with some charges. You can collect the vital information for the specific products, services, or related graphics contained on the Website and App for any purpose that you can use on the website smoothly.